Friday, May 20, 2011

Omar Bravo Looking For a Start Against Sounders FC

What has happened? After a relatively good start to their season Sporting Kc have seen their form drop, severely. Four losses in a row just isn't good enough. If Sporting have any hope at making the playoffs then they must get at least 4 points in the next 3 games. But, this could prove to be a difficult task as Sporting have Seattle and defending Colorado Rapids to face, both in the span of two weeks.

This weekend Sporting Kc will take on Seattle Sounders FC, who currently have 14 points, as apposed to SKC's measly 4. The game will obviously be a tough test for a disheartened KC, but Seattle haven't had the best form either, having just one win in their last 3 games.

The Atmosphere At Qwest Field
Before I continue I would just like to inform you guys that I've been to Qwest Field, and let me tell you, the atmosphere there is simply fantastic. I went this summer to watch a Champion's League game against El Salvadorian side Metapan, I think Sounders won 2-1, I remember Montero scoring though. Anyway, the build up to the game is sensational, all you see going in to the stadium is a sea of bright green. And this was in downtown Seattle! On a Tuesday no less! So we got tickets in the cheapest section, the members section, worst decision ever. First off the Seattle fans never sit down, the all drink beer, sing chants right into my ear, and are second only to the KC Cauldron. Furthermore, they all smell like piss and BO. (shhh, don't tell them I said that).
The Game
  • Not much too this one, Sporting need a win and Seattle are tough to beat at home. 
  • Hopefully if we start Smith and Kamara we can exploit Seattle's back line. 
  • Alonso is their main-man in the midfield, shut him down and we essentially shut down Seattle. 
The Lineup
I wouldn't expect Bravo to start, he should travel though. Also, Arnaud is up for question as he is recovering from some sort of neck strain from training. Auvray may not start either and Smith should start over Sapong. Nielsen will start over Kronberg at goalkeeper. 


Subs: Kronberg, Besler, Myers, Auvray, Arnaud, Bravo, Sapong 

Prediction
SKC 2 - SFC 1 (Kamara, Bunbury) (Friberg)
I think this game we'll actually see a win. I truly believe it. The atmosphere in the locker room seems to be very optimistic. If Sporting can exploit Riley, close down Alonso, and keep Montero at bay then I honestly believe we can win.  




No comments:

Post a Comment