Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Name, Same Game

Yes, it's official, I have changed my blog name. You may be disappointed, excited, or don't really give a crap, it's just soccer. Well, whatever you think about it, I just want to thank you for either voting on the poll or on twitter. I realize this choice was not on either of them but I had to go with my gut feeling and I liked this one the best.

Cool. So why'd you change it?
Well, basically I made the blog mid-April (obviously). Then about a month later I decided I should change my twitter name so that it correlates with my blog name. Unfortunately the name on twitter had already been taken and I got into a fight of epic proportions over the name to the rights of "SportingBlueKc" with another twitter user. But, I didn't win. So I decided that if I can't have the name on Twitter than it would be very confusing, and so I decided to re-brand my blog name and twitter name completely. Hence, the new name, The Front Men.

OK, but what does The Front Men Mean?
"The Front Men" is an ancient term traced all the way back to pre-renaissance age, used as a friendly word/saying when bantering with another person, The Front Men is derived from the Latin word soccer, meaning "playi.............

Haha just kidding.

I decided to use The Front Men because it sounded somewhat catchy and people could easily put it on Twitter. As a side note if you're new to soccer "The Front Men" is used when describing the attackers on the team. Get it?


*Alright guys, thanks for all the support you've given me over these past couple months, keep checking back here for the best coverage on Sporting Kc. The Front Men FTW*



No comments:

Post a Comment