Thursday, June 30, 2011

Who Should Mark Who? (Portland Timbers Version 3.0)

I know I haven't updated "Who Should Mark Who?" in quite a few weeks but today I just wanna do a quick post. This time however it will be pre-game. As opposed to post-game. 

If you've never read this segment of the blog yet it's basically just a list of Sporting players along with who I think they should mark on the opposing team, mainly off of set-pieces. I generally match players up according to height and aerial ability. 

Obviously I won't list all the players. Just the ones that pose the biggest threat in the air for Sporting Kc.

The List

(KC Player) Name - Height - *Position*/(Portland Player) Name - Height - *Position*
*If you're new to soccer and don't understand what certain positions stand for look over on the left hand side, there's a list.*

Birahim Diop - 6'3 - CDM/Kenny Cooper - 6'3 - ST
CJ Sapong - 6'2 - ST/Mamadou Danso - 6'3 - CB
Aurelien Collin - 6'2 - CB/Eric Brunner - 6'4 - CB


No comments:

Post a Comment